Book Release - Sheila the Vampire - Grant Eagar


Hurray!
      Today is the release of my book:  Sheila the Vampire: Dancing with the Enemy. I have been working on this off and on for several years. I finally got it to where I want it and I hope you enjoy what I have come up with. I appreciate my Beta readers that I have had over the years. They encouraged me and kept me writing. I published one chapter: 'The Devil in a red Dress' as part of the anthology 'These Vampires Still don't Sparkle'.
      I love how the cover came out, it was done by Lara Wynter (Wynter design). My son Sean is on the cover which was kind of cool. My last cover had my son Charlie on it, I think I have started something.

Go Here to order it. If you click on kindle she has a blue dress and if you click on the paperback book she has on a red dress.




Blurb: 
     Sheila the Vampire is from the perspective of the monster set in the 1800s.

Sheila is forced to marry against her will, but when her husband dies she feels her fortunes have improved. She just has to act wretched rather than joyous to keep up appearances, but soon a vampire clan takes an interest in her.

At midnight of the full moon, the clan attempts to force her to become one of them. She kills the clan leader and his second in the process while remaining part human. She becomes the mistress of what is left of the clan and has a single minion, Naomi, whom she must now care for.

She begins her life as a vampire. Because Sheila is only half-vampire her bite comes with special healing properties, therefore she is the target of the Duke who wants to take advantage of her healing power. Her blood allows other vampires to be resistant to the cross, holy water, garlic, and the vampire hounds, thus other clans are after her blood.

In order to hide from her enemies she takes the persona of her dearly departed husband and goes into exile to Ireland. She soon realizes that the hunters are pursuing her there as well. While in incognito she becomes acquainted with one of the hunters, Mister Jones. How can she get to know him better without being staked?

To avoid the hunters who are stalking them Sheila and Naomi travel to Portugal to find witches to turn them back into humans. They must continue to evade the hunters there. Sheila finds the witches; will they turn her back or end her life?




Author Profile




     Grant Eagar is a Spaceship Design Engineer who enjoys writing fantasy

     Over the years he enjoyed telling stories to his children at bedtime. When they grew up he started writing shorts stories and now novels.

     A graduate of the Philadelphia Writers' Workshop. He is published in the following anthologies: Gears of Brass, These Vampires Still Don't Sparkle, Under a Brass Moon, Ghosts Cast no Shadows, and Dream Steamships.
     He is published in the Novels: Angelica: The Princess And The Pig, Henry and Sophie: A SteamPunk Romance and Sheila the Vampire: Dancing with the Enemy.

     He calls Tehachapi Ca. home.


Go Here to order it. 

Comments

Popular Posts