Short Story - A Single Red Rose - Grant Eagar

Reductress » 4 Red Flags You'll Ignore Because Sometimes He Kisses You On  The ForeheadPicture Link

To order my books:

Sheila the Vampire: Dancing with the Enemy



Prompt: A Single Red Rose

In the brightly colored hospital room lay Sheila, a teenage medium, with Katie, a 117-year-old ghost, inside her. You seem too eager to see Jeffrey, thought Sheila.

Aren’t you? He and I had quite the adventure together, I miss my time with him, If I hadn’t been in the process of nearly dying, it would have been quite lovely to go on a road trip from New York to Ohio, thought Katie.

 Jeffrey walked into the hospital room and his eyes lit up upon seeing Sheila. He carried a single red rose. He smiled and handed it to her. She took the flower, smelled it, then raised her eyebrows. “Thank you, that was sweet of you. Now, who is this for?”

 His eyes widened and he went pale.  “Uh, bo-both of you.”

Sheila offered a mischievous smile and twisted the rose in her hand. “So, a red rose which speaks of romance would not work for you and me, but will it now work for you and Katie? Now tell me the truth, what did you guys do when you were alone?”

He grinned. “You enjoy tormenting me, don’t you? Why can’t you both enjoy it? You know whomever I say the other one will be mad at me.”

Katie thought, Sheila, you’re a stinker. You know the rose was for you.

I do not know any such thing; it could be for you. What did you guys do when you had my body all to yourself that would get Jeffrey to bring you a red rose?

 “Jeffrey, I think your gift to Katie was considerate and thoughtful. I’m sure she’ll enjoy it. Isn’t this what you bring after you’ve kissed someone?”

He blushed. “W-what happens when you’re out of your body stays outside your ...

ah, body. Anyway, don’t put words in my mouth, I get in enough trouble on my own I don’t need your help. If I had kissed her and not saying I did, I shouldn’t be blabbing it.”

Katie took over the body for a moment. “Sheila is just being difficult, I think the rose was a nice gesture, though I thought the kisses were even better.” She then extended the rose to him. “Could you please break off the end of the stem and put the rose in the decanter.”

Sheila thought, so, you did kiss him. You lose all self-control once you’re in my body. Now spill it.

Ok, it was just one kiss . . . no need to get upset.

Stop telling half-truths, you know there is no room for liars in heaven.

Was it five kisses or was it fifty?  I don’t quite remember.

Liar! Liar! You know how much you kissed him. You’re never going to have my body all to yourself again.

Why is it your concern? Since you just want to have an amicable relationship with Jeffrey why do you care what kind of relationship I have with him? You don’t want him and you don’t want anyone else to have him either.

I think asking someone what they did while using my body is not too much to ask.

Ah, Sheila . . . I can understand your feelings, considering what you had to go through. Thank you for letting me use your body.

After he had put the rose in the decanter, his face took on a more serious look. “Sheila, I was so worried about you. I thought we wouldn’t get your body here before it died. It’s good to see you’re doing better.” He leaned over and gave her a long hug then brushed back her hair and kissed her on the forehead. His eyes took on a mischievous glint. “Now this is for Katie. Sheila don’t freak out.” Katie took control and he kissed her full on the mouth, gently pressing his lips against hers then pushing harder.

After a minute Katie thought, Sheila, do you want to take over, I think this is something you have wanted to do for a long time.

Only if I can do it without Jeffrey knowing, I’d die if he found out. Sheila took control and took over the kissing, she started exploring his mouth with her tongue.

What are you doing with your tongue?

Sheila continued to kiss him. It’s called French kissing, you never did it when you were alive?

I died one hundred years ago when I was seventeen, the kids I hung out with didn’t do that sort of thing.

Katie, this is fantastic, please whatever you do, don’t tell Jeffrey this was me. Why don’t you try it?

Katie took over and after half a minute they broke the kiss and they both gasped for air.

Sheila thought, thank you, Katie, that was quite nice.

It makes me happy to see you do something you have wanted to do.

Katie said, “Jeffrey that was fantastic, though I think I better leave for a few minutes and give you guys some time to yourselves before you have to go.”

Sheila thought, don’t go too far.     

After Katie left the room Sheila thought, how to proceed? If he knew I kissed him it would ruin our friendship. She wrinkled her nose and looked up at Jeffrey. “I’m glad that’s over, somethings I can’t forget, being a medium so you can have a relationship with Katie is awkward. Are you sure you want to do this?”

“You didn’t enjoy the kiss at all?”

She scowled. “That’s the problem, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I feel awful for liking it so much. Since we’re buds. I don’t want to ruin that.”

He said, “I noticed the kissing changed in the middle. It felt like I was kissing two different people. Katie does not French kiss, you are busted.”

She shook her head. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, you have to ask Katie, she was the one kissing you.” Darn! Now I’m lying to him, will we ever go back to the way we were?

He grinned and shook his head. “You’ve always been a terrible liar, I’m not buying this.”

“Ok, ok, I thought Katie needed a few pointers and I demonstrated some techniques which she was grateful for. Don’t read too much into it.”

He laughed and stood up. “How kind of you, I best go now before this gets any more awkward.”


Comments

Popular Posts