Poem - Autism Fairy - Grant Eagar

 


 

 To order my books:

Sheila the Vampire: Dancing with the Enemy

 

 

The Autism Fairy

 

       When Isaac was born, it was as if someone

had given us a million dollars.

Isaac with sparkling eyes like emeralds,

grinning like an alligator, and giggling like a cheetah.

I miss that sparkle and his energy and passion for life.

He liked to climb onto our bed and bounce a few times,

then lay down and put his head on my shoulder like a pillow. 

Before I went to work out of town for three months,

he was a firefly flying around our home filling it with joy.

While I was gone the autism fairy visited and captured his sparkle.

When I returned, my boy’s light had retreated.

He is fifteen now, I still feel like someone has given me a

million dollars, a million dollars’ worth of challenges and

sorrow, he has also given my life a million dollars’ 

worth of joy and a life full of meaning. 


Comments

Popular Posts