My Brain Bleed - Grant Eagar

 




“My Story”

 Sometimes we don’t realize all the sacrifices people make on our behalf. I’d like to tell you the story about my brain bleed. It all started five years ago.  One day after dinner I had a terrible headache and my right arm was numb. I went to the emergency room and they took a cat scan that showed I had a brain bleed. They had to remove part of my skull, about 3” in diameter to relieve the pressure. They replaced the portion of my skull that they had removed, with a plastic piece instead. Slowly after several months I became lucid again.

All through this time, my wife Becky would drive from Tehachapi to Los Angeles (two hours each way) three or four times a week accompanied by my autistic son who was going through a very difficult phase. I had this sense that if I could just hold my wife’s hand, everything would be alright. There was something magical about being connected to her. My brother Mark would fly in from Sacramento once every few weeks and he would read to me from Louis L'Amour western books. My sisters came to visit and my older children came from out of state to visit and helped with my autistic son so my wife could visit more often. People from work visited me as well as people from my church came and gave me blessings and fasted and prayed for me.

Finally, I was able to return home; after a year and a half, I was able to go back to work. Looking back, I’m struck by all the love and concern from so many people. Now every day I thank God for the gift of life. It’s not that I want to live forever; I just want to bless the lives of those I love.

Comments

Popular Posts